Kadaknath Chicken dum biryani
Recipe for preparing Kadaknath chicken dum biryani with detailed procedure for putting dum.
- Rice – 1/2kg
- Kadaknath buy cialis online uk
Chicken with bones – 1/2kg
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 bunch
- Mint leaves – 1bunch
- Green chilli – 4
- Big Onion – 250g
- Tomato – 250g
- Ginger garlic paste – 50g
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 2tblspn
- Cardomon – 2
- Edible alga / algae(Kadal pasi ) – 1/2tspn
- Cinnamon, Cloves, Marathi Moggu, Star anise(Annasi poo) – Each 2
- Red Chilli Powder – 2tspn
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tspn
- Coriander Powder – 4tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Heat a thick bottom vessel or a cooker. Add 2tblspn oil and add all garam masala ingredient(cinnamon, cloves, marathi moggu, annasi poo, cardomon, star anise)s one by one. You can also powder these ingredients and use it.
- Add chopped onion and fry it till it turns into brown color. Now add ginger garlic paste and fry it till the raw smell goes off. Then add tomato, saute it well.
- Now add turmeric powder, chiili powder, coriander powder and little water, fry it till till the raw smell goes off.
- Add coriander, mint leaves and saute it well. Now add cleaned Kadaknath chicken with little salt , fry it for 5 minutes.
- Once its half done, then add slitted green chilli and mix it well.
- Finally add washed rice and mix well. For 1 cup rice add 1 1/2 cups of water. Close the lid and let it to cook.
- Once the rice is 3/4th done add curd and mix well.You can dum cook the biryani by covering the vessel with wheat flour dough or with a thick kitchen towel. Or you can keep the vessel that containg water on top of the briyani vessel.
- Here I’ve used kitchen towel and put the tight lid on top of it.
- Now completely reduce the heat into medium flame and remove the biryani vessel.
- Now place a flat heavy bottomed non-stick pan with water on the stove and allow it to heat.
- After that on top of it place the biryani vessel and cook for 30 -35 minutes. (or you can cook the biryani in low heat for 40 minutes)
- You will smell a nice aroma after 30 -35 minutes so that way you will know the biryani is ready now.Now turn it off the heat and remove the vessel.
- You can make small slits on the Kadaknath chicken, this well help the masala to penetrate well into the chicken.
- Make sure that the heavy bottomed pan( used for putting dum) has water through out the dum period to avoid briyani’s lower layer getting burnt.