Kadaknath Kozhi Rasam – Chettinad Style
- Kadaknath chicken (bony pieces)-250 gms
- Chopped pearl onion-15
- Chilli powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-1 teaspoon
Ingredients (to grind) (Rasam powder)
- Pepper corns-1 teaspoon
- Small jeera -1 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Corriander powder-1 teaspoon
- Red chillies-2
- Small onion-4
- Wash the kadaknath chicken Pressure cook the kadaknath chicken along with the minced onion, tomatoes and chili powder adding 5 cups of water. Add the turmeric powder and half the salt needed. Wait for a whistle and then simmer the flame. Cook for another 8 minutes and switch off the stove.
- Prepare rasam powder by grinding fennel seeds, pepper corn, small jeera and chilies first. Once they are powdered nicely add the coriander powder. Grind once. Now add the garlic and onion and grind together without adding water.
- Open the cooker. Strain the rasam and keep aside.
- Now keep the kadai in the stove.In ½ teaspoon oil season the rasam with ½ teaspoon of small jeera and curry leaves. Pour the rasam into the kadai. Add the rasam powder and the salt needed. Bring the rasam to a nice boil and switch off the stove.
- The strained out kadaknath chicken pieces can be added to the kadaknath chicken fry if you prepare one separately in the final stage and mixed well or you can fry the pieces with little onion, tomatoes and chili powder.
- The rasam can be garnished with coriander leaves while serving